Ait Benhaddou Day Trip via Telouet:
After breakfast, pick up from your hotel or riad in Marrakech to start our one day trip to Ait Benhaddou, the only excursion that combines the architecture of Kasbahs, stunning views of the Atlas Mountains and a strong taste of southern Morocco wonders. Driving throughout Tizi-n-tichka pass in the High Atlas Mountains where hundreds superb Berber villages scattered on the mountains. Unexpectedly you will see a fascinating presence of hundreds houses in Berber villages which are made from mud and straw; in the middle of nowhere; thousands of satellite dishes on roofs. All this makes you feel that nothing has been changed in life here through decades. Meanwhile donkeys and mules are still the main means of transportation among these high and tough mountains, since there are no accesses for cars and tracks. After the pass 2260m, our tour itinerary turns left taking the ancient route of the caravans to reach Telouet village, home for the ancient Glaoui Palace & ruins of the fortified Kasbah. Take a walk inside to visit his main residence that is decorated by skillful artisans and go up to the rooftop for a view over the green fields, red hilly lands and surrounding Berber villages. Leaving Telouet behind, the tour continues along the Ounila valley where the gardens by the riverbed, decaying Kasbahs and other mud houses between the brown ridges. The carved grottoes used for storing grains in the old days still stand as witnesses for importance of the valley during the caravans period.
Now, it's time to stop to visit the ancient fortress of Ait Benhaddou which was firstly built on the 11th century and has been listed by the UNESCO in 1987 as a world heritage site. Used as natural backdrop for many international movies too such as "Lawrence of Arabia", "The mummy" and recently the "Queen of the desert". Explore the narrow alleyways of this clay Kasbahs at a relaxed pace, enjoy the walking tour through the covered passages to the top hill for the panoramic views over the Atlas Mountains and Saharan horizons. Here more than 300 families used to live, and each Berber family consists of at least ten people. So you would imagine how many inhabitants used to live here! We will have lunch here before we drive back to Marrakesh in the afternoon, expected arrival to your hotel is 7 p.m.
Why book Ait Benhaddou & Telouet Day Trip with us:
- Save time and money! - Our prices are the lowest available
- Book your Ait Benhaddou Day trip from Marrakesh with a Local Specialist
- All our Marrakesh day trips & tours are guaranteed
- You will be collected from your hotel and drop off at your hotel after the tour
- All our Marrakesh day trips & tours are private
- Assistance and availability on site 24/24h
- Our prices are fixed, No hidden fees
- Payment of the deposit to confirm the booking and the remaining balance at the start of the tour
- Payment Methods such as PayPal, Credit Cards, Bank Transfer etc ...
Ait Benhaddou & Telouet Day Trip, Prices:
|Number of Persons||Price in Dirham||Price in Euro|
|2||935 per person||85|
|3||715 per person||65|
|4+||605 per person||55|
Ait Benhaddou & Telouet Day Trip, What's Included?
- A/C licensed vehicle Minibus or SUV with fuel
- English speaking driver
- Lunch in a restaurant Overlooking the Kasbahs or with the inhabitant in nearby village
Member No: 43055
Member No: 11238